Wednesday 10 September 2014

Arizona Diamondbacks @ San Francisco Giants (game 1)

This was the middle game of a 3-game series, of which the Giants won the first game on Tuesday.  The journey down to the ballpark was quick and hassle-free.  I was able to get into the stadium fairly quickly but because I went in the 2nd Street gate, I missed the escalator up to the club level and had to walk around quite a way to get up there.  My seat was just up the third base line with an excellent view.  However, I forgot to take my coat - it gets very cold in the stands at a night game, even if it's a hot day, so I was quite chilly by the end.

This game took nearly 3 and a half hours, which was puzzling as there were very few hits, and very few runs until the bottom of the 7th inning.  Vogelsong pitched 6 2/3 scoreless innings, but Machi picked up the win.  Collmenter matched Vogelsong with 6 shutout innings, but took the no-decision.

I have heard of Mark Trumbo, but none of the other Arizona players.  I was glad to see Angel Pagan pack in the Giants lineup, as I thought he might have been done for the year, although I didn't get to see Susac, who seems to have come in and started tearing it up.

The 4 in the bottom of the 7th and extra tacked on in the 8th were enough to complete the 5-0 win.

No comments:

Post a Comment