Wednesday 10 September 2014

Smart card collection

I've added to my collection of smartcards with a Clipper card.

The new Clipper smartcard for the transport systems here now supports MUNI passports, unlike when I was here a couple of years ago.  Since I knew what I was looking for, I was able to quickly purchase a smartcard with 7-day passport on it and go straight down to catch the metro out to the ballpark.  I should be able to transfer the value from my paper BART ticket onto it it, I hope, but it wasn't clear how to do that at the machines, so I can visit the help centre just up the line later and see if they can register it for me and transfer the value.  Whilst the (Chicago) Ventra card let me register it online, albeit with an incorrect address and phone number, and unlock the $5 of value, the Clipper website wouldn't accept my address, because it said the town, for which I put "Cambridge UNITED KINGDOM" and 00144-1000 ZIP code didn't match.

The Clipper card works inside my National Rail wallet without having to open it (the Ventra didn't)

So now, I have: Orca (Seattle), Clipper (SF/Oakland), Ventra (Chicago), SmarTrip (Washington/Baltimore)

No comments:

Post a Comment