Friday 19 September 2014

Toronto Blue Jays @ New York Yankees (game 2)

The final game of my holiday was the second game of the series, that the Yankees won the opener of the day before.  This time I was up the first base side, next to where Ichiro was fielding for New York.

Unfortunately, there was a New Yorker behind me with verbal diarrhoea and a very loud voice.  Occasionally the people he was with got a word in.  We all heard about TV he likes, his opinion on various films, everything really.

This game I missed the first inning due to having to wait for ages for a subway train (30 minutes!) and that was when Toronto scored their runs!  However, I saw the rest of the game.  It was much cooler tonight, and I almost needed a coat, but it was just about alright.  Derek Jeter nearly hit another home run tonight - it was just caught on the warning track in left field.

After the game, I looked around the store, which was packed for ages, and then headed home for the final time.  The subway platforms are so incredibly hot all the time, but fortunately the trains have cooling - once one comes.  As I had left it so long before travelling back downtown, I was able to get a seat easily.  My hotel is only one street up and half an avenue across away from the subway entrance which is very convenient, as there isn't a long walk once I've got back, although there are a lot of stairs to go up.





No comments:

Post a Comment