Saturday 20 September 2014

Final day

For my final day, I wanted to try to get to the beach.  I'd tried to get to the beach on Friday, but turned back at Church Avenue, as I was clearly not going to be able to get down there and back in time for dinner and the game.

So I got up earlier today and set off.  If I'd known the best subway lines to take, I'd have probably got there faster than an hour and a half!  The main problem is that I was banking on taking the 'D' train halfway and then switching to the 'B' - except the latter doesn't run at weekends, it turns out.  I ended up waiting a long time for various connections, which all added up to a long journey down to Coney Island to see the boardwalk and the Atlantic Ocean.  I paddled in it very quickly and then had to leave, as I had to check out by 2pm and I'd booked lunch at the restaurant in the hotel for 2pm too.  I got back to my room at 1.30pm, so just had time to finish off packing and check out and have lunch, before heading off to the airport.  The journey to the airport was easy, and I'm now sitting in the lounge just along from my gate, with about an hour to go before departure.



No comments:

Post a Comment