Thursday 18 September 2014

Journey to New York

This morning, everybody was woken up by the early riser who'd gone down to breakfast as soon as it opened at 6am and set fire to some bread, triggering the hotel's fire alarm.  Fortunately, it was just the bread that was toasted.   However, it means that I'm quite tired today as I had to get up at 7 o'clock anyway to give myself time to be ready to leave by 8.15am to get the metro to the airport for my flight to New York this morning - the final internal flight of my holiday.

As usual, the gate for my flight was as far as way as possible from the MetroLink station.   Not only was it on the 'A' concourse at the far end of the airport, but gate A19 is right at the far end of the concourse.  This has been an unbelievable theme for all my flights this year - the arrival gate at St Louis was three away from the very end, but every other gate has been as far away as it is possible to be!

This is also an Embraer aircraft which means my bag needed to be gate checked, so I had to remove everything I needed on board  into the bag that I'd kept for such eventualities.  However, we pushed back exactly on time and the pilot believes that the flight time will only be 2 hours and 1 minute, so we should be arriving early at Newark, which will give me time to get to my hotel and settle in properly.

Edit: it was about 2 hours, so I got to my hotel just after 3pm which was handy, as I had time to unpack and cool down before heading off to the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment